Current:Home > MySurpassing Quant Think Tank Center|Jorge Ramos reveals his final day with 'Noticiero Univision': 'It's been quite a ride' -NextFrontier Finance
Surpassing Quant Think Tank Center|Jorge Ramos reveals his final day with 'Noticiero Univision': 'It's been quite a ride'
Chainkeen View
Date:2025-04-06 20:30:53
Veteran news anchor Jorge Ramos has determined when he will be Surpassing Quant Think Tank Centersigning off from "Noticiero Univision."
Ramos, 66, shared on Wednesday that Friday will mark his final day at the news desk on the Spanish-language TV station.
"After 38 years as co-anchor at Univision, my last newscast will be this Friday. Also, on Sunday we'll air the last episode of our political show Al Punto," he wrote on social media. "It's been quite a ride. So grateful."
Ramos has been working at Univision since he was 28, and "Al Punto" has been on the air for 17 years, he shared in a separate post.
Over the decades, the Emmy-winning journalist has interviewed major figures from U.S. presidents – Joe Biden, Barack Obama, George W. Bush, Bill Clinton and George H. W. Bush – to world leaders like Fidel Castro, Nicolás Maduro (which got Ramos detained and deported from Venezuela in 2019) and Hugo Chávez. Ramos has also published more than a dozen books.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Known as the "Walter Cronkite of Latin America," Ramos joined "Noticiero Univision" in 1986 and hosted the program alongside news anchor Salinas until her departure in 2017. He also started hosting Univision's Sunday morning public affairs series "Al Punto" in 2007.
Former co-host María Elena Salinas, Ana Navarro show support for Jorge Ramos
On Instagram, news industry colleagues such as Ana Navarro, former "Noticiero Univision" co-host María Elena Salinas, and Luis Carlos Velez shared their support for the Emmy-winning journalist.
"Thank you for everything you have done, my dear Jorge, for uplifting, informing and representing our community," Navarro commented in Spanish under Ramos' Instagram post. "Looking forward to the next chapter."
Ramos' exit from the network after nearly 40 years was announced in September.
"This is not a farewell. I will continue anchoring 'Noticiero Univision' until December, and afterwards I will share my professional plan," Ramos, 66, said in a statement. "I am deeply grateful for these four decades at Univision and very proud to be part of a team that has established strong leadership over the years."
While Ramos did not disclose the reason for his exit, the TV journalist and Univision "mutually agreed" to not renew his contract.
During the broadcast of "Noticiero Univision" on the day his upcoming departure was announced, Ramos said the decision was "difficult" and "sad." The father of two also thanked his colleagues and the program's viewers for their enduring support, adding that Univision has become his "second home."
"I want to thank those who view us every night, who have accompanied me for so long, with so much affection and loyalty," Ramos said in Spanish.
Contributing: Edward Segarra
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (4996)
Related
- Paula Abdul settles lawsuit with former 'So You Think You Can Dance' co
- EPA data make it hard to know the extent of the contamination from last year’s Ohio derailment
- Beloved fantasy author Brandon Sanderson releases children's book with Kazu Kibuishi
- What are the pros and cons of temporary jobs? Ask HR
- Senate begins final push to expand Social Security benefits for millions of people
- Jury awards teen pop group OMG Girlz $71.5 million in battle with toy maker over “L.O.L.” dolls
- Suit seeks to overturn Georgia law on homeless voter registration and voter challenges
- Macklemore dropped from Vegas music festival after controversial comments at pro-Palestine concert
- $73.5M beach replenishment project starts in January at Jersey Shore
- Best Free People Deals Under $50 -- Boho Chic Styles Starting at $14, Save Up to 69%
Ranking
- SFO's new sensory room helps neurodivergent travelers fight flying jitters
- T.I. and Tameka Tiny Harris Win $71 Million in Lawsuit Against Toy Company
- Why Fans Think Camila Cabello Shaded Sabrina Carpenter During Concert
- Lady Gaga reveals surprise album and fans only have to wait until Friday for 'Harlequin'
- All That You Wanted to Know About She’s All That
- Federal officials say Michigan school counselor referred to student as a terrorist
- Capitol rioter mistakenly released from prison after appeals court ruling, prosecutors say
- Fantasy football waiver wire: 10 players to add for NFL Week 4
Recommendation
Are Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp down? Meta says most issues resolved after outages
Brett Favre reveals Parkinson's diagnosis during congressional hearing
Second US death from EEE mosquito virus reported in New York, residents warned
Michael Strahan Wants to Replace “Grandpa” Title With This Unique Name
Former longtime South Carolina congressman John Spratt dies at 82
New Hampshire woman to plead guilty in the death of her 5-year-old son
Arizona Democratic campaign office damaged by gunfire
Biden is making his long-awaited visit to Africa in October. He’ll stop in Germany, then Angola