Current:Home > reviewsKate Middleton Photographer Shares Details Behind Car Outing With Prince William -NextFrontier Finance
Kate Middleton Photographer Shares Details Behind Car Outing With Prince William
TrendPulse Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 20:12:42
The photographer behind Kate Middleton's newest car photo is slamming the brakes on conspiracy theories.
Amid online speculation that the March 11 image—which showed Prince William and the Princess of Wales riding in the backseat of a Range Rover leaving Windsor Castle—had been digitally doctored to include Kate, photog Jim Bennett shared further details on how he managed to capture the buzzy moment.
"Car shots are unpredictable at the best of times," he told People March 13, "and with some reflection on the glass it can be difficult."
Bennett was expecting to photograph William, 41, on his way to London for Commonwealth Day service. However, after snapping a few pictures of the passing car, Bennett said it "wasn't until I checked on the back of the camera to make sure I had a frame of Prince William that I realized there was someone sitting next to him."
He added, "It turned out to be Catherine!"
As for the allegations that Kate's silhouette had been Photoshopped in the frame amid her recovery from abdominal surgery? "We don't change our photos in Photoshop," Bennett noted, "other than adjusting the light levels if necessary."
The sentiment echoed a previous statement from his agency Goff Photos, who told E! News March 12 that the pictures "have been cropped and lightened" but that "nothing has been doctored."
Questions surrounding the photo of Kate's latest outing follows controversy over a Mother's Day U.K. portrait shared on her and William's social media accounts March 10. After major photo agencies pulled the image—which showed the 42-year-old posing with her kids Prince George, 10, Princess Charlotte, 8, and Prince Louis, 5—for being "manipulated," a statement from Kate admitted that it had indeed been altered.
"Like many amateur photographers, I do occasionally experiment with editing," read a message Kensington Palace posted on X, formerly known as Twitter. "I wanted to express my apologies for any confusion the family photograph we shared yesterday caused. I hope everyone celebrating had a very happy Mother's Day. C."
E! News has reached out to Kensington Palace for additional comment and has not heard back.
For more royal news, keep reading.
After photo agencies pulled the picture Kensington Palace shared of Kate since having her abdominal surgery on March 10, the Princess of Wales addressed claims the photo was doctored.
"Like many amateur photographers, I do occasionally experiment with editing," she tweeted on March 11. "I wanted to express my apologies for any confusion the family photograph we shared yesterday caused. I hope everyone celebrating had a very happy Mother's Day. C."
Princess Diana's niece celebrated Mother's Day in the U.K. by sharing she and her husband Michael Lewis privately welcomed their first baby.
“It’s the joy of my life to be your mummy, little one. I love you unconditionally," she captioned her March 10 Instagram post. "Happy Mother’s Day to those who celebrate today."
After keeping up her full slate of engagements in the wake of her husband's cancer diagnosis, the palace cleared Camilla's schedule.
The Times pointed out March 2 that the 76-year-old didn't have any engagements on her calendar until March 11, when she'd be due at Westminster Abbey to observe Commonwealth Day.
The husband of Lady Gabriella Windsor and ex-boyfriend of Pippa Middleton, was found dead Feb. 25. Days later, a coroner's inquest found that he died by suicide.
While King Charles III was in the hospital for his benign prostate enlargement procedure, the royal family member was diagnosed with cancer.
"His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties," Buckingham Palace said Feb. 5. "Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake State business and official paperwork as usual.The King is grateful to his medical team for their swift intervention, which was made possible thanks to his recent hospital procedure. He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible."
The Duchess of York's rep said in a statement on Jan. 21 that Sarah was recently diagnosed with malignant melanoma, an aggressive form of skin cancer. Several months prior, she underwent a single mastectomy to treat breast cancer.
On Jan. 14, Queen Margrethe II of Denmark made history as she officially abdicated the throne, handing the crown over to her son, now known as King Frederik the 10th.
Kensington Palace announced on Jan. 17 that Kate Middleton underwent planned abdominal surgery and was set to remain in the hospital for 10 to 14 days.
"Based on the current medical advice," the Palace said, "she is unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter."
Amid Kate's recovery, Prince William postponed a number of engagements as he supported his family, including the couple's three children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.
Shortly after Kate's hospitalization was made public, Buckingham Palace shared that Charles "has sought treatment for an enlarged prostate."
"His Majesty's condition is benign and he will attend hospital next week for a corrective procedure," the statement added. "The King’s public engagements will be postponed for a short period of recuperation."
Princess Claire and Prince Felix of Luxembourg welcomed son Balthazar Felix Karl on Jan. 7, the first royal baby of the New Year!
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (8)
Related
- Highlights from Trump’s interview with Time magazine
- Warheads flavored Cinnabon rolls and drinks set to make debut this month: Get the details
- Columbus Crew vs. Inter Miami live updates: Messi still missing for Leagues Cup game today
- Trump throws Truth Social under the bus in panicked embrace of X and Elon Musk
- Person accused of accosting Rep. Nancy Mace at Capitol pleads not guilty to assault charge
- Kylie Jenner and Timothee Chalamet Prove Sky's the Limit on Their Jet Date
- December execution date set for man convicted of killing a young Missouri girl
- 'AGT' returns with death-defying stunts that earn Sofía Vergara's Golden Buzzer
- The Best Stocking Stuffers Under $25
- Producer Killah B on making history with his first country song, Beyoncé's 'Texas Hold 'Em'
Ranking
- Juan Soto to be introduced by Mets at Citi Field after striking record $765 million, 15
- Former Kansas police chief who raided newspaper charged with felony. Here's what to know.
- Vince Vaughn, ‘Ted Lasso’ co-creator Bill Lawrence bring good fun to Carl Hiaasen’s ‘Bad Monkey’
- Dolce & Gabbana's New $105 Dog Perfume: What It Is, Where To Find It, & Affordable Alternatives From $3
- Meet first time Grammy nominee Charley Crockett
- Presented with rise in border crossings, Harris chose a long-term approach to the problem
- Yankees await MRI as Jazz Chisholm deals with possible season-ending UCL injury
- 4 injured in shooting at Virginia State University, and police have multiple suspects
Recommendation
Justice Department, Louisville reach deal after probe prompted by Breonna Taylor killing
Google rolls out Pixel 9 phones earlier than usual as AI race with Apple heats up
Trucking company owner pleads guilty to charges related to crash that killed 7 bikers
USA Gymnastics Reveals Next Step After Jordan Chiles’ Olympic Bronze Medal Ruling
Paula Abdul settles lawsuit with former 'So You Think You Can Dance' co
US Army soldier pleads guilty to selling sensitive military information
Ohio officer indicted in 2023 shooting death of pregnant woman near Columbus: What we know
Janet Jackson Reveals Her Famous Cousins and You Won’t Believe Who They Are